On Longing

 “Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss”

This photo is nostalgic because I cannot be young and go back to my younger self.



“The souvenir speaks to a context of origin through a language of longing”

This is a souvenir that shows through language I have a yoga certificate.



“The souvenir exists of a sample of a sample of the now

distance experience that only the object can evoke”

My parents and I were holding a souvenir/object that is now a distant
experience that only that object can evoke



“The souvenir reduce the public, the monumental, and the three dimensional into 

the miniature that which can be enveloped by the body”

This is a souvenir of me as a baby and I had a miniature baby body.


“The plate of origin must remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated”

I no longer can go back because this is the past and they no longer do this in costa rica where i went.











Comments

Popular Posts