Memento

Memento


Lemon Love

 1" x 1" x 1" (wood, wood stain, lemon essential oil)






(In process)


 Artist Statement

I am the youngest of four children, and I am definitely the craziest of those four. So what this meant for my parents was “what can we possibly do to rite this girl out?” because I never let them have it easy, I hated naps, I didn’t let them dress me, I didn’t like to be inside, I was clearly a wild child. But what I did like was being outdoors and being barefoot. So one of my favorite activities was when my dad, who is a landscaper, got home from work would plant flowers in our front yard, my mom would send me out to help him. My dad would let me use the drill and drill holes in the ground and put flowers in the ground. This is a core memory in the spring and I just remember sitting in the dirt with my dad and just pure bliss because I was so happy to be able to play with the drill and the beautiful flowers, and see my dad. And lucky him, this actually helped him after a long day of work!My sculpture is made from wood, wood stain, and lemon scent. I drilled two holes in the wood, one for me and one for my dad. They are two holes drilled into the wood just how I would drill holes for flowers. The wood is sanded to replicate the soft memory of dirt and loving memory between my dad and I. The lemon scent is used because it is my favorite smell because it reminds me of the spring and the fresh flowers that would bloom. 

Comments

Popular Posts